Wednesday 26 August 2015

Grow up... They say

They say I have grown
Out of thier arms
Maybe out of their minds too...

Now no lullabuys need to drive me to sleep
No swings can stop me from monotonous weeps
Now no fairy would come to fulfil my under the pillow wish!
And no wanderlust around me would the angel swish!

Is that what growing up is?
Yes! They say!

When sleep in my eyes does flair
The eyelids do unknowingly drop a tear!
Then...in the dark night
I search for a hand that pats my head
Yes, I seach for fairy tales to be said...

But...
It is my hand and some self cooked stories
Of the shadows of those toy ponies
That wipe off the tears
Trying to restore those midnight glories!

Independence it is... They say!

For once it may seem a shadowed bay..
But your road was yours...
Be it today or yesterday!
You might walk it 'with' some
But to walk it FOR you there would be none!

So, when time would pass,
Being alone will no longer be a lightless path...
You yourself will be the lamp light!
No longer will it be a dreadful night!

And that is what they say...
Be patient... Stand...
Grow up!!! They say!

No comments:

Post a Comment