Monday 13 July 2015

Were you there?

When I walked the roads alone in the moonlight
I know you have been there by my side
Listening to the muted secrets of the night
Hand in hand ... under the moonlight!

It is when my words went dumb
And my eyes were so numb

To you my heartbeat did sing
All my regrets and unsaid sins

You kept still... did not speak
Just synchronised your footsteps with my heartbeats

It made me feel like you could relate
It made me feel like you did try to soothe my hearts' haste!

And when the highs all vanished
And they tear removed its illusionary blemish 
Still nothing could I see
Niether the water... nor the pains!
Niether my soul ... nor you!

Were you there... ever?

7 comments:

  1. A grief conveyed through lovely poem. Enjoyed reading it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much @deeshanibatra! I am glad you like it!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. ...such a good lines....keep it baby....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome. ..such a good lines. ...keep it up baby...... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome. ..such a good lines. ...keep it up baby...... :)

    ReplyDelete